2015 Old Dominion Council of the Blind and Visually Impaired (ODCBVI) Convention Program
November 21, 2015
National Industries for the Blind (NIB)
1310 Braddock Place, Alexandria, VA 22314
- 9:30 a.m.
- Breakfast and Registration
- 10:00 a.m.
- Welcome and Introductions
- 10:15 a.m.
Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind – Brandon Cox, Director of Rehabilitation Services
Discover the programs and services available through the Lighthouse, and how to navigate the metro system using an innovative app on your mobile device
- 11:00 a.m.
- 11:15 a.m.
- Virginia Assistive Technology System *VATS) – Emily Fallings, VATS North Coordinator Learn how to obtain the assistive technology products you need even if you do not have a case with the Department
- 12:00 p.m.
- Lunch, Networking, and Announcements
- 1:00 p.m.
- Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired (DBVI) Presentation and Public Comment – Susan Payne, Policy and Training Coordinator
Get up to speed on the state of rehabilitation services in Virginia, the agency’s preparations for the anticipated implementation of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), and share your feedback on DBVI’s programs and services.
- 1:45 p.m.
- 50/50 Raffle Drawing
- 2:00 p.m.
- Business Meeting – Marie Brinas, ODCBVI President
- 3:30 p.m.